Work With Me
What To Expect
Tackle Tough Questions
Common question we tackle in a financial planning session include:
- Do have enough to retire early?
- Should I rent or buy my home?
- How should I allocate by 401(k) / 403(b) / 457 investments?
- How do I know when I have a big enough cushion to leave my job to start a business?
- As I start my business how should I charge? What else should I look into for retirement / insurance / tax planning?
- How can I make sure I choose the right employee benefits?
- What’s a good emergency fund level?
- Where should I park my cash?
- How can I accelerate my student loan payoff date?
- How can I create a budget that doesn’t require a lot of work on my part?
Get Actionable Advice
You’ll always receive a summary of recommendations in plain english from us that won’t require a math degree to decipher. You’re taking the smart first step of looking into financial planning, and working with North Financial you’ll be able to sit back and relax knowing you understand all the necessary action steps needed to get you on track.
Virtual Meeting Options
Engagement can be virtual (via skype or google hangouts) or in-person. Typically my clients prefer initial meetings in-person but feel comfortable meeting virtually and communicating via email after that. I have a paperless office so expect to interact with me using secure online portals to share sensitive information.
There is no one-size-fits all approach. All the recommendations you receive from North Financial will be customized based on your own values and beliefs about money and reflect your own unique goals and priorities.
Working with a fee-only advisor like North Financial means you’ll always receive unbiased advice. We don’t sell products or receive commissions or any other compensation related to the sale of a financial product. We act as your fiduciary which means we put your interests and needs above our own. We will work to limit any potential conflicts of interest and fully disclose conflicts if they arise.
Clear Investment Philosophy
The philosophy at North Financial Advisors is simple. We believe in buy and hold index investing because timing the market costs too much and yields too little. Diversification, low expense ratios, and smart tax and rebalancing strategies are critical to effective portfolio management. It’s easy to get caught up in financial news or strategies which take you away from your broader financial goals. Working with a financial advisor keeps you on track. There’s more to it than investing — we make sure our clients put their hard-earned savings to work for them in the right way and ensure they don’t leave money on the table. We’ll work to optimize your employee benefits, help launch or grow a successful business, optimize tax-advantaged accounts and prevent you from overpaying for consumer financial products.
Mini Financial Planning Session
- One 60-90 minute session
- Answer questions and give you peace of mind related to one financial topic
- Summary of recommendations via email
- If you’re not ready to work through a comprehensive plan, this is a great option for jumpstarting immediate action on a pressing financial issue
- LEARN MORE
Comprehensive Financial Plan
- Comprehensive financial planning document which includes recommendations on issues unique to your situation including credit and debt, large purchase planning, employee benefits, insurance, retirement, investing, budgeting and cash flow.
- A plan delivery meeting (either in person or virtual) to discuss the plan, answer your questions, and review action steps.
- Unlimited email support and help when questions come up or new situations arise for six months after entering into the contract.
- To make comprehensive financial planning more budget-friendly, we charge $1,500 of the fee upfront per person (i.e. $3,000 for couples) and the rest may be paid in 4 monthly installments of $250.
- If you desire annual updates to your plan and want someone on-call to answer your questions throughout the year, you can continue the service at the rate of $3000 per year, which may be paid in monthly installments of $250.
- LEARN MORE
Investment Management Services
- Take the guesswork out of choosing your funds and asset allocation. We will invest your funds in a customized low-cost index fund asset allocation based on goals, time horizon and risk tolerance.
- Assistance with planning when and how much to invest, and in what type of account based on your goals and needs.
- Save time by outsourcing regular monitoring, dividend reinvestment, and rebalancing of your portfolio so you stay on track.
- Tax optimization for non-retirement accounts.
- If you have more than $400,000 to invest with North Financial we include comprehensive financial planning services. Otherwise you must pay for comprehensive financial planning separately.
- LEARN MORE