Save time and headache. Get the answers to one of these specific questions related to your budget. Choose from option 1 or 2:
- Option 1: Should I buy or rent my home? It’s hard to get straight, unbiased advice about “how much home can I afford?” This service cuts through all the noise and general advice. We review not just your current income, spending and savings, but also your goals to figure out your optimal home purchase price or evaluate of if it’s better to continue renting. You’ll receive a budget report showing what you should be spending on housing versus other living expenses and a target emergency fund level to cover personal and housing related emergencies. We’ll talk about appropriate down payment amounts and give you a sense for where to park your down payment based on how long it will take to save up. You will also receive tips about what to expect from the home buying process that are all customized for your exact situation.
- Deliverables include: spreadsheet showing ideal housing budget and specific action items you should take related to your house purchase decision.
- Option 2: How can I create a budget that doesn’t require a lot of work on my part? Maybe you’ve just graduated, gotten a new job or joined finances with your spouse – have you fully optimized your budget based on the goals you have? Together, we’ll review your current income and spending and we’ll discuss your strengths and weaknesses around money. I will provide a custom framework for helping you align your budget with your financial goals and prioritize how much should go to savings, living expenses, lifestyle expenses and debt repayment. When combining finances (fully or partially) as a couple, we’ll also talk about strategies to help make sure you’re on the same page while minimize friction with your finances.
- Deliverables include: spreadsheet showing ideal family budget and savings target and specific easy-to-follow action items you should take related to managing your budget, how much cash you should keep on hand, and what type of account you should use for your savings goals.
- One 60-90 minute meeting with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- The meeting will be held virtually (via video conference with screen sharing)
- Ability to book and pay online
- Summary of unbiased, easy-to-understand recommendations via email
- Recommendations that are in your best interest with no product sales or commission (we are fee-only fiduciaries)
What’s not included?
Since there’s not enough time during these short sessions to do analysis or projections we cannot provide advice, analysis or recommendations related to your investment choices or retirement projections. If you need this, check out our comprehensive financial planning services.
Who’s this for?
- Young professionals and new grads facing one of the above listed financial decisions
- If you’re not ready to work through a comprehensive plan, this is a great option for jumpstarting immediate action related to your budget and financial goals.
- You may book multiple sessions if you want help with more than one of the above mentioned issues. Each decision is a separate meeting.
What’s the cost?
$749 for each session paid via electronic ACH through my online payment systemBook Now